Citrix Summit 2017 Keynotes
How do we win new customers? How do we win with cloud? How do we secure it all? Citrix Summit 2017 looked at these questions from every angle in the Vision and Tech Talks keynotes, focusing on a vision for the future that includes winning hearts and minds of customers, winning over our competitors, and Winning Together.
The Vision Keynote officially kicked off Summit with Carlos Sartorius, senior vice president, Worldwide Sales & Services, welcoming partners and sales teams from 70 countries as well as those watching the live stream on Citrix Partner Central, and recognizing Summit All-Stars, partners who have attended 15 Summit conferences.
For his first Summit, Citrix president and CEO Kirill Tatarinov had some exciting announcements and some details on Citrix strategy that are designed to “help IT professionals become the heroes of the digital age.” Tim Minahan, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, discussed how Citrix delivers growth and strong leadership, and new vice president of Worldwide Partner Strategy & Sales Craig Stillwell affirmed the Citrix commitment to partners as we shift our customers to cloud, discussing new opportunities and new tools developed specifically to help partners succeed.
Vision Keynote highlights:
- Partnership—The executive leadership team announced an innovation partnership with Red Bull Racing and discussed how we’ll align with Microsoft to drive opportunity.
- Growth—The acquisition of Unidesk, the leader in application layering, will enable partners and customers to securely deploy and manage apps and desktops through XenApp and XenDesktop.
- Innovation—Citrix Cloud Accelerator and the new HCI Workspace appliance, developed with HP, both offer customers an easier path to the cloud.
The pace of Citrix innovation in 2016 was breathtaking, and Citrix leaders including senior vice president of engineering Jeroen van Rotterdam and senior vice president of product PJ Hough took the stage to showcase the latest product enhancements and new use cases, and to illustrate how Citrix will be lowering the barriers to cloud adoption in the months to come. They were joined on-stage by Calvin Hsu, vice president of product marketing, Greg Lissy, vice president, enterprise product management, ShareFile, Ash Chowdappa, vice president and general manager, NetScaler ADC and technical fellow Abhishek Chauhan.
Tech Talks highlights:
- Product announcements
- New Citrix Services for Azure, including XenApp Essentials, XenMobile Essentials for EMS and XenDesktop Essentials
- Smart Tools for XenApp and XenDesktop, cloud-delivered capabilities that add value to on-premises or cloud environments
- XenServer 7.1 with Long Term Support
- ShareFile document workflows
- Demos: Including new HDX capabilities, ShareFile document workflows, NetScaler Management & Analytics System (MAS) and zero-touch deployment
Experience the energy and excitement of the Citrix Summit 2017 keynotes firsthand: watch both sessions on demand beginning January 16 on Citrix SalesIQ.