Getting to Orlando
It's always a good idea to make your travel plans as early as possible. This section is designed to make it easy for you to complete arrangements for your visit to Orlando. Learn about local attractions and weather, read descriptions of the conference hotels and get driving directions and details about air and ground transportation.
Travel Notice: We strongly recommend that attendees double check with the U.S. Department of State for the latest travel and visa requirements.
Nestled in the heart of the central Florida Sun Belt, Orlando needs little introduction, as it has been a longtime favorite getaway for visitors from around the world. Visitors will find world-class dining, spas, shows, golf courses, theme parks and more.
See why Orlando is known as the theme park capital of the world—and don't forget there are plenty of other fun, quirky reasons to leave your hotel:
- Universal Orlando—Universal Orlando's spectacular theme parks offer dozens of amazing rides and attractions, from state-of-the-art 4-D attractions to pulse-pounding roller coasters. At Universal Studios Florida, enjoy Diagon Alley, part of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, featuring shops, restaurants and an interactive ride based on Gringotts Bank. Hogwarts Express will provide transportation between Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade located at Islands of Adventure. Universal CityWalk is home to Orlando's hottest nightlife, from the Hard Rock and Margaritaville to the hip Red Coconut Club ultralounge. Plus, don't miss Universal's Volcano Bay water theme park, equal parts exhilarating thrills and relaxing indulgence.
- The Magic Kingdom—At the Magic Kingdom Park, the enchantment of fairy tales is captured through exciting entertainment, classic attractions and beloved Disney characters across six whimsical lands. The New Fantasyland offers more immersive enchantment than ever before at the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history. Visit the Enchanted Forest, inspired by The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast, including the Be Our Guest restaurant which provides a new dining option inside the Beast's castle. Plus, don't miss the new Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks and laser show.
- Epcot—Explore the two distinct realms of Epcot, featuring Future World and World Showcase, where you can experience the culture and cuisine of 11 countries as well as spectacular live performances. Visit a newly expanded Norway, featuring the Frozen Ever After boat ride, and meet Anna and Elsa at the Royal Summerhus cabin. At Test Track, design your own concept vehicle at the Chevrolet Design Center, and board a special SIM car for a thrilling, mile-long test drive.
- SeaWorld—Explore the wild world of sea animals through exciting rides and amazing shows at SeaWorld Orlando, where you can feed Atlantic bottlenose dolphin and sea lions and experience the Arctic environment of white beluga whales with an up-close encounter. Explore the frozen world above and below the ice at Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin and test your nerves on the new 73-mph coaster, Mako—Orlando's longest, fastest and tallest—which includes nine hills and a drop from 200 feet.
- Orlando Brewing Company—There are almost 20 ales, lagers and seasonal microbrews on tap at Orlando Brewing Company—and all the beer is organic! The only USDA-certified organic brewery south of Vermont and east of Colorado offers free brewery tours Monday to Saturday at 6 p.m.
- Gatorland—Gatorland showcases thousands of alligators and crocodiles including four extremely rare leucistic "white" alligators. The free-flight aviary, petting zoo, one-of-a-kind animal shows, natural alligator breeding marsh, and the thrilling Screamin' Gator Zip Line will ensure your day is filled with fun, smiles and special memories.
- Kennedy Space Center—short drive from Orlando to the Space Coast is the John F. Kennedy Space Center, where you can step inside America's space program. See space shuttle Atlantis and take the KSC tour featuring the Apollo/Saturn V Center with an actual Saturn V moon rocket. View 3D space films, spacecraft from the past and future, meet an astronaut and discover how humans will journey to Mars.
The subtropical climate of Orlando offers abundant sunshine, with more than 230 sunny days per year. Average temperatures in January range from 72˚F/22˚C during the day to 52˚F/11˚C during cooler nights. Indoor spaces are typically air conditioned.
Note: The Summit conference hotel blocks are currently in sold out status.
List of recommended hotels:
Expedia search area = Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, FL
Kayak search area = Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, FL
Note: When you request a hotel reservation through Summit Headquarters, you will be required to provide a credit card to guarantee your room. All hotel room fees are the responsibility of the attendee. The Rosen Plaza requires a one night's deposit to be charged to the credit card provided during registration five days prior to arrival date.
Hyatt Regency Orlando - SOLD OUT
9801 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819 USA
Rate: $269 plus 13.5 percent tax plus $7 resort fee per room, per night (single or double room)
Rosen Plaza - SOLD OUT
9700 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819 USA
Rate: $199 plus 1 percent taxable surcharge and 12.5 percent tax per room, per night (single or double room)
Hilton Orlando - SOLD OUT
6001 Destination Parkway
Orlando, FL 32819 USA
Rate: $249 plus $15 resort fee and a 12.5 percent tax per room, per night and $2.25 tourism fee per room, per night (single or double room)
Cancellation Policy: Hotel cancellations must be received by Summit Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before December 10, 2018 to avoid a 100% penalty. If you cancel or make any date changes after the designated date or do not change your scheduled arrival date resulting in a no-show, you will be responsible for any incurred fees. If you are a no-show for your reservation, the hotel cannot guarantee that your reservation will be reinstated.
Orlando is easily accessible by air. Orlando International Airport (MCO) offers multiple options for ground transfers to the Orange County Convention Center and surrounding hotels.
Note: Summit attendees are responsible for their own transportation and parking costs.
Orlando International Airport – MCO
- 20 minutes to the Orange County Convention Center
- Estimated taxi fare: $45.00 plus gratuities one way
- Super Shuttle shared ride fare: $18.00 per person plus gratuities one way; reservation required
Get driving directions from your location to the West Building of the Orange County Convention Center.
On-site parking is available at the Orange County Convention Center for a standard daily rate of $15.
If arriving at conference venue by taxi, ask your driver to drop you at the Orange County Convention Center – West Building.